[SEL] Powder Coating Engines

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Fri Jun 25 13:29:02 PDT 2004

Powder coating uses a ground plasticized powder that is applied to a
clean surface with an electrostatic charge.
Then the part is heated up to 300-400^ and baked to flow and cure the
powder. Then you let it cool and Presto your done...

If applied properly to a clean and prepped material it will last a lot
longer than any liquid paint. BUT it also has a problem if the material
underneath starts to corrode, the powder will mask that and the part can
fail without you knowing it.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY