[SEL] IHC M 6HP

Mark and Leeanne pavy at ihug.com.au
Sun Jun 13 23:28:19 PDT 2004

How is everyone?

I unsubscribed a while back due to an ongoing illness. I'm still not well
and am struggling to do everyday things and have not been doing much in the
way of restoring or attending engine shows. I have resubsribed now and
apologise to anyone left wondering if I dropped off the face of the earth.

Anyway about 3 months back a new mate asked me to give him an idea of value
of some engines he had in his shed as he wanted to sell some of them (he
doesn't have much interest in them and they were given to him by his
grandpa).
He had about a dozen of the more common engines seen in Australia but
amongst them were a Fuller and Johnson pumper and a 6HP Inter M. I asked
about these 2 but he was adamant he was keeping these 2 engines.
He rang me a couple of weeks ago stating he needed $1000 quick and I could
have the Inter M.
I wasted no time in picking it up as I have missed out on engines before
while thinking.

What I ended up with is engine No 10949 6HP dated 1920 with low tension
ignition complete with muffler, crankhandle and correct oiler on a farm made
transport. It has no sign of wear and I don't think it has had a lot of use.
Although it has been painted long ago. I repaired and remagnetised the
magneto, fixed the ignitor and cleaned and got the spiders out of the carby
and it runs very sweetly at 280RPM.

Photos at
http://community.webshots.com/user/pavys

Do I restore it or leave it as found?. Also I have never seen one with a
carby like this.
Thanks

Mark Pavy
Queenstown South Australia