[SEL] Water transfer decals.(removing)

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Mon Jun 7 19:10:23 PDT 2004

> Now we know how to put them on how do we get them off??   I have and
engine
> that I repainted a few years ago and placed water transfer decals on it.
> They have since been damaged and I would like to remove them.  I tried hot
> water and some rubbing without any luck..  I don't want to damge the
paint.
> Any ideas on how to do this task?
>
> Larry Holderman
Hi Larry,
    When I was a kid (1880's) we would soak a blotter (ask your mama what
that is) in water and then press it on to the transfer and leave it for an
hour or so. After this was repeated several times the transfer would soften
up and was removable.
    Dave
PS, Keep in mind that I was a kid long before conservatives POLLUTED THE
WATER and took food away from older folks and kids--so this process may no
longer work!