[SEL] 12hp Economy and grist mill

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Sat Jun 5 20:33:34 PDT 2004

> Hi J. B.,
>     VERY nice "find!" Not at all unlike what I ran across several years ago.
> See: http://www.oldengine.org/members/rotigel/Roti_Eng/12Herc/index.html and
> http://www.oldengine.org/members/rotigel/12herc/dad_herc.html
> Your engine was built in 1916. How about some pictures?
>     Dave
> PS, I take for granted that it's of hit and miss design. I think the T/G
> engines built by Hercules were marketed only under the Hercules brand.
> PPS, Your engine should have no trouble pulling the mill. The 12 HP Hercules
> I had pulled 48" rocks!

Dave, Glenn has informed me that it's a Hercules, it is throttle governed. The catalog Ken sent shows 6-8 hp for a 16 inch mill, the 12hp should take it with a smile. I used my wrecker to drag the engine and the mill out from a pile of lumber, have a few pictures but my friends battery went dead on the camera. It could use a facelift but at least it runs for now.
J.B. Castagnos
Belle Rose, LA