[SEL] 12hp Economy and grist mill

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Sat Jun 5 19:06:40 PDT 2004

They're still out there. From the shed where it ran I picked up a 12hp I think Economy, tag says Engine 140601, rpm 300, 12EK. The mill is a Williams Mill, 16in #B2994. The engine was mostly complete, missing the mag and ignitor. I took it home and cleaned it up, had to pull the head and regrind the valves, had it running this evening. Compression came up and it's hard to pull over by hand now, have to wait for it to bleed off. The mill was a bonus, I couldn't see it when I first went to look at the engine, it was covered with old lumber. It really looks good, the wood is like new, most of the paint is still on it. The metal is a little rusty but all of the bolts and knobs turn by hand. It has a shaker attachment but I haven't figured out where it went yet. I plan to belt it up and grind some corn at the shows.
J.B. Castagnos
Belle Rose, LA