[SEL] National Rally Cost

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Fri Jul 30 06:05:23 PDT 2004

Hi Adam,

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Adam Cottrill wrote:

> So without insult, offence or anything else please anyone who may have
> some suggestions about reducing the costs of the National please voice
> them for the points mentioned above.

The talent on the list is pretty diverse.  I think the thing that would be
the most useful in eliciting specific recommendations for cost reduction
would be to see a detailed budget for the upcoming national.  ISTR
$300,000 to put the event on?  Also useful would be the detailed actuals
from the last two nationals.  That would provide some "meat" to chew on.

Otherwise, you've already gotten a number of good general suggestions and
a strong suggestion to talk to the good folks who put on the Portland show
each year.  Portland is a MUCH bigger affair than the National in Oz.  I
have no idea what their budget is, but the event is free to exhibitors
and their families, $5 to visitors, with cheap food and camping.

I think the ball's in your court Adam.

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA USA