[SEL] Acknowledgement of e-mail Nat Rally

Ron Page page at velocitynet.com.au
Mon Jul 26 16:20:10 PDT 2004

Hi Arnie

Sorry I did not explain it properly but if you want to hold a public
function most counncil will want you to have $10 mill coverage and as for
the motor vehicle third party insurance no upper sum is provided - they
generally have a schedule for certain things like like for loss of  arms,
legs, etc however you can go to court and try and get more.  Others in the
field may be more familiar with the technicalities.  As for your last
comment the lawyers in Oz have certainly copied the US model and this has
subsequently put pressure on the insurance companies although it is
appearing that "personal accountability" is being recognised by the courts.

Ron