[SEL] Fw: Acknowledgement of e-mail Nat Rally

David Nicolson dnicolson40 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 24 20:45:26 PDT 2004

Hi Joe just thought i would put in my little bit of criticism of the hobby
here in australia. it has been a growing trend in the last 5 years(i have
been involved in the hobby for 12years) that more and more clubs have been
charging exhibitors to camp on site and these charges have been rising
regulary. We have been told that these charges are to go towards upgrades of
the facilities but i am yet to see this especially at one rally
inparticular.In my oppinion we are the ones who supply what the general
public come to see there for why do we the exhibitors keep getting charged
to attend.Sure the clubs have to make money to cover costs but that should
come from the public or commisions from club run auctions or other events
not from our pockets.I think clubs should be putting more time into
fundraising and more time into keeping the costs down for the exhibitors.As
it is with rising global fuel costs it is making it more expensive to travel
to most rallies unless they are local.A friend and i recently travel 1200
kilometres round trip to attend a rally that is only held every 3yrs ,to do
this on our own would have made it an expensive trip considering it was only
for 2 days but it was well worth it.I think you just have to weigh up the
costs and how important some rallies are to you,i myself will travel hours
just to squeeze an exrta rally in each year but this is out of reach of alot
of collectors.anyway this is only my opinion. Dave    ps if anyone out there
has any ideas that could be put in place to keep costs down for exhibitors i
would like to hear them.