[SEL] Re: Govenor weight springs

Chuck Balyeat kerogas at the-i.net
Sat Jul 24 14:48:45 PDT 2004

 can anyonr tell me how to replace the govenor weight springs on my
> simplicity 1.5 Hp .? , not as to where they go but to find the right
springs
>>.
How do I adjust them when I replace them ? trial and
> error
> > or is there a formula ?

Yes there is , but I cant think why , for the life of me , you would need to
mess up prefectly clean chalkboard for this one .
You need to find some rather light gauge springs. A smaller gauge than what
it had will usually do  . THe hdw store variety
bend and cut to any length or shape you want (that's shorther) then set them
all the way out and get started , starting your motor .
 It isnt hard at all . If it stays latched out and never hits again tighten
up the screw , shorten the spring or put a heavier one .
 loosening and tightening the screw most manuf's put for the spring to hook
into is normally sufficient .