[SEL] RE: Best Known Name in Stationary Engine World? (fwd)

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Fri Jul 23 11:27:38 PDT 2004

From: George Best <George_Best at adp.com>

Great topic Arnie!

To be truthful, David Edgington didn't mean anything to me. I'd never
even seen the name before, unless someone on SEL has posted his name in
the past.

While I can very well say that I know who Glenn Karch is and have even
met him a few times. :-)

I would think that Charles Wendel is one of the most known people in the
engine hobby.

But then authors of books or writers of articles tend to be better known
to a wider area, than collectors in general.

Some collectors can be very well known but most aren't well known
outside of their own country.

The hobby is also big enough that you'd have a hard time defining what
"well known" means.

George

Ps.. If this is also being discussed on the SEL list, maybe someone will
cross post this message.