[SEL] letter to the Nat Rally organisers

Reg & Margaret Ingold randmingold at hotkey.net.au
Wed Jul 21 17:34:00 PDT 2004

Here is what I will pass on to the organisers if you are happy with it.

Reg Ingold
37 Seaham St
Homesville 2286.
NSW.

Sirs,
I wish to inform you of the views of some members of the engine fraternity
re the upcoming National Rally.
We feel that having to pay entry for immediate family is not right.
Unpowered camping should be free for exhibitors and their families.
The cost of your dinner is too high.
The rally badge is overpriced.
These appear to be the main points that have arisen in an SEL internet
discussion recently.
My comments to you are that, A lot of the engine folk are retired or on
limited finances.
The costs incurred in bringing machinery to any event have risen due to fuel
costs, etc. and being faced with the prices you have quoted in the entry
forms makes for serious thought on whether to bother coming.
I am aware of the costs of putting on an event but, there are other ways of
funding.  Also, the Nat Rally should not be a profit making exercise.

Sincerely,  Reg Ingold.