[SEL] Nat Rally

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 17:26:59 PDT 2004

In a message dated 7/21/2004 10:09:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bill at antique-engines.com writes:

<< When you get rid of the same old bunch always doing the same old thing the
 same old way and get some new blood in and some competition and do things
 differently, you'll succeed in not only growing the show but reducing costs.

Bill,

Please elaborate!  At our show the same ones unpack everything for the show,
put up fences, mow, layout grounds and put up ropes, help park exhibitors,
register and give out badge bags, collect entrance fees from spectators, put out
and collect trash cans, fix food, take everything down and pack away for next
year, etc., etc.  Can't seem to get anyone else interested in working 14 hours
a day for 3 days to put on a show.  Most of the worker were retired when we
started 13 years ago, getting worn out, and unless we get people interested in
working the show it will fold in the next few years.

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA
Germoamer at aol.com