[SEL] Tornadoes

Bruce Younger sluggo54 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 21 13:10:37 PDT 2004

>I can't begin to imagine what must go thru one's mind during a storm like
>that even though it >happens in the wink of an eye.

>Helen
>George L. & Helen S. Myers
>The Ottawa Caretakers   ottawa at pa.net

Helen,

Too often, it's a 2 X 4 or equivalent.

Many of the new homes hereabouts are being built with hardened rooms, either
poured concrete or steel-clad timbers. There are even pre-built shelters one
may incorporate in his old or new construction.

http://www.stormxshelters.com/pages/1/index.htm

http://www.fema.gov/hazards/tornadoes/npc_ts.shtm

Bruce Younger
05G HHC 313 RR Bn 3/67-4/68
Lenexa, KS
sluggo54 at hotmail.com

"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man and those that have hunted
armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else
thereafter."
E. Hemingway