[SEL] RE: Fuel Savers

Harry Terpstra h.terpstra at wxs.nl
Wed Jul 21 11:23:30 PDT 2004

I think that generally fuel savers were only used on engines over 2-3 HP.
My 2 hp Stover A has no fuel saver, the bigger 3 hp YB does has one.
Small Associated had no fuel saver, the bigger did have one.
Fairbanks used them on the 3 HP T types and bigger engines.
The headless Witte has a fuel saver.
International used them on there Famous line.

I think on higher speeds with bigger engines it was necessary to prevent the
intake valve from fluttering.

> Can anyone name other engines that used the fuel saver feature to this
list?
> How about a list of engines that did not use the feature?
> As Reg mentioned, bore size necessitated the use of the fuel saver. Are
> there some manufacturers of engines that used fuel savers on their
> larger HP engines but did not use them on their smaller HP engines?

Harry Terpstra
Sint Anna Parochie
Netherlands
h.terpstra at wxs.nl