[SEL] Nat Rally

Joe Prindle joe_prindle2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 05:46:20 PDT 2004

Hi Adam,
Just out of curiosity, how many engines and tractors does an event like
this attract? How many exhibitors? How many spectators? How many days does
this event run?
I am just trying to comprehend how big of an event this is. It sounds like
a really large show, but if the expenses are that high, even with the
exchange rate, it must be far bigger than I ever imagined.
Thanks for the info,
Joe Prindle
--- Adam Cottrill <adamcottrill at telstra.com> wrote:

> I’m not sure if you realise how much an event of this size costs to put
> on? You just don’t wake up one morning and decide I’m going to hold a
> national rally. A good example of this is the portable toilets costing
> $17,000 for the event. In stead of complaining about that costs supply a
> solution of how a cost such as this can be paid for or eliminated from
> the rally... should one bring there own toilet paper?

=====
Joe Prindle
Patternmaker, Founder & Machinist
See my 1889 Reynolds Corliss at: