[SEL] Hercules tg, idleing

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Mon Jul 19 19:37:00 PDT 2004

> I took the mixer of my 12hp Herc throttle governed this weekend, it was
overspeeding, over 300 with the throttle shut down. The butterfly looks to
be home made, soldered in. It didn't fit very closed when shut so I worked
on it a while and got it to shut fairly tight. I put it together and it ran
about 325 on the governor, when throttled down it would die. I took it down
and when the throttle was closed it blocked the fuel tube. I drilled a small
hole where the tube met the butterfly, I can now slow it down to about 200
rpm s in the slow position. Still a lot faster than I would like, I'll have
to work on it some more. What kind of speeds can I expect from an engine
like this?
> J.B. Castagnos

Hi J.B., My 12 HP T/G Herc ran at about 90 RPM's.
    Dave