[SEL] Hercules tg, idleing

Bill Dickerson bill at antique-engines.com
Mon Jul 19 18:07:39 PDT 2004

Can't say on the Herc, but some mixers and modern carbs use a throttle plate
that is NOT round.
It closes the passage, but is not straight up and down, or perpendicular to
the throat. This way it won't close off the fuel tube.
In other words, on many engines, the throttle when closed will be at a
slight angle - they are egg-shaped rather than round, to accomplish this. IF
that one is home-made, it might be round instead.

Might take a think on that - see how they are with the engines that list
members have.

Bill