[SEL] Portland

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Sun Jul 11 12:10:37 PDT 2004

Well, being in a short-term cash flow bind after buying and renovating
a house that the kids are now living in, having a bunch of recent
unexpected vehicle repair and medical expenses, etc., I told Jane I'd
skip Portland this year. I was sad to do so, of course, but Jane
suggested I could "reward myself" by buying another old cheapo military
surplus firearm, which eases the pain a bit. What surprised me was how
hard Jennifer and Josh took the news that we weren't going. They really
enjoyed being there and getting to know everybody last year. Jenn's
really pushing to go up there for one day, going in as spectators and
just visiting around with everybody before going back. Haven't yet
cancelled the motel reservation in Muncie, so we just might yet do
that. Jenn'll probably settle down when she hears Reg isn't coming,
though. She was really looking forward to seeing him again.

BTW, I've got a nice one-owner 1985 Harley FLTC Tour Glide with lots of
extras for sale, priced quite reasonably.

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA