[SEL] Economy cart

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Wed Jul 7 07:58:40 PDT 2004

Made an offer on a nice yard ornament today!  Owner does not live where it is
located and on oxygen so he does not get out much.  He told me he would
consider my offer over the phone and to call back in a few days.  Do not like to
leave it like that as too much thinking time, but had to go along with his
wishes.  I would like to have been in his presence rather than over the phone.

1923 5F Economy saw rig, sn 285392, complete, one bent wheel, head cracked,
all grease cups missing, mag/bracket long gone, very rusted and stuck. Even the
idler pulley is there. Hopper full of dirt, but someone long ago loosened the
head bolts and pulled it away from the block 1/4 inch, and took out the drain
bolt, so do not believe the block is cracked.  I have known about this engine
for many years and took a notion to follow up on it again the other day.
This is the first time the owner has considered selling it, but his health has
deteriorated considerably since I last talked to him a few years ago. Pictures
at:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/mvc-006f.jpg
http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/mvc-008f.jpg

I have also made arrangements Monday to purchase another Economy drop frame
cart that I recently found about at a small local show.  It is in good
condition, complete, but no engine or idler pulley.  Ken Christison was at that show
with us when I found out about it.

So maybe a good week will turn into a great week!!

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA
Germoamer at aol.com