[SEL] O.T. Need Computer Advice

Paul Maples pmaples at anaxis.net
Tue Jul 6 15:38:33 PDT 2004

Bill I ran Norton Internet Security (Professional Version) and it said no
virus's, I ran Housecall.antivirus.com and it to said I had no virus's so
with your statement I am convinced that I d not have a virus. This happened
to me about a month ago and I did a complete System Recover (took me two
days) and this solved the problem up until now. I am running Windows XP Home
Version. Do you have any recommendations other than a complete system
recovery?

One guy called me and told me that he reloaded Windows XP and did what he
called a clean sweep, now a repair, and this took care of his "virus" as he
called it.

I dread dumping all of my files and reformatting the hard drive in a System
Recovery. I am open to any thing to try whether it works or now.

Thanks Bill for writing back.

Paul