[SEL] O.T. Need Computer Advice

Paul Maples pmaples at anaxis.net
Mon Jul 5 18:57:58 PDT 2004

Folks I am having a problem again that I had about a month ago and it is
really frustrating. I connect to my ISP and check my e-mail but the minute I
try to use Internet Explorer it will disconnect my computer from the ISP and
I have to dial back up to get on line again. The last time I completely done
a Complete System Recovery, reformatted my hard drive and it has worked
until now and it is starting it all over. I have Norton Internet Security
(Professional) and I ran it and there are no virus's indicated. I have
dumped every program on the PC except the absolute ones I have to have. I
don't even want to think that I have to do another system recovery and start
all over again.

Any ides from you computer guru's? I am on dial up, not DSL. I am wondering
if DSL would help solve some of these issues.

Thanks,

Paul