[SEL] Economy igniter

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Tue Dec 21 10:30:16 PST 2004

At 12:53 AM 12/21/2004, you wrote:
>My 7 hp Economy  engine is missing the ignitor, mag and trip mechanism.
>I have a chance to buy the ignitor bracket for $150, rebuilt and
>guaranteed for two years.  Is this a fair price?  Would it be better look
>for one with the mag included, or find the mag by it's self and buy this
>one?  Decisions, decisions.  Thanks.
>Ron Haskell

Hi Ron, I'd buy it if I were you. It's not underpriced, but is a fair
price. The Webster mag (w/either 2 or 3 magnets) will set you back another
$250.00, or so.
         Dave
PS, I think that I'm correct in saying that from the 5 HP up the ignitors
for the Herculese built engines were all the same were all the same. Think
the mags were as well.