[SEL] Is't true? Now something to look at

Jeff Allen transteck at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 12 16:25:40 PST 2004

WOW doesn't even begin to describe this model. Without your description one
would not know it is not a full size engine. No size reference in the
pictures, and great photography. Now that Steve has throwed this topic out
here, let's keep it alive. Nuff on cell phones and gas prices for me.

I have been in contact with Reg regarding models, and it was off list. He
gave me some great advice, but this topic really could be covered here. I
think many have considered models, and I am one that has. Many questions
though for those like me that have never built one.

I know some have great machine shops and can make pistons and such for full
size engines. That's way out of my budget, and I don't have room for such an
operation. How about models?

What does it take to make one. What size lathe, swing, etc. Will the
combination lathe/mill in the GEM adds work for most of us. It could fit in
my budget and workshop. Who make the best model castings/kits? Let er rip
boys and girls!

Jeff Allen
PS been busy helping one of ours start his web site. I'll let him announce
when ready.
PPS been busy shopping, wrapping, sending cards and such