Was: [SEL] Is't true? Now something to look at

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Sun Dec 12 08:24:19 PST 2004

Wow !!! - Steve,

Really good looking engine.  Unfortunately, I don't have the machinery,
nor the place to set it up to do that kind of thing.

This year I really don't have a "winter project" so I've been putzing
around with some of the old stuff on the shelves.  Mostly Briggs & REO.
made a couple of siphon tubes with check ball for 2 Briggs tanks.
Cleaned up several engines just to get the cob webs off and clean out the
fuel systems.

I ordered an oil seal for the REO from my local bearing shop and it will
be in soon.
Maybe, after all these years, I can run it without a sea of oil around
it.

I have a Solid Rust IDEAL upright waiting to be worked on.  The last time
I tended to it,
I had to scoop a crankcase full of "baby dung" out.  It was making me gag
as I was scooping and the thought of it was a little upsetting
afterwards.  I'm not sure what the future will be for the IDEAL just yet.

Well - Not much else here.
Got to run - We're holding a Christmas Party for the member's kids of our
lodge today.

Have a good'un.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com
 ,-._,-.          "Never argue with a fool -
 \/)"(\/         people might not know the difference."
 (_o_)          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz