[SEL] OT gasoline price?Oil company view

Robert Jacobs carrowor2002 at att.net
Mon Dec 13 11:37:54 PST 2004

Hmmmm,   funny this got back to the 70's.

During the "first" shortages I was stationed (in the Navy) aboard a
destroyer in Norfolk, Va.  We were sent on an "emergency" detail to guard
the tankers anchored in the Chesapeake Bay which weren't  being allowed to
unload their cargo.  (surprise, surprise, surprise)  It seems as if the
federal authorities were afraid someone would discover they were there and
try something.

It was a wonderful duty,  we ran circles around the bay for a week, then
went back to the pier for a week and started all over again.  All so the
prices would rise.

Bob
Some people call me Sweet Ole' Bob,
others just use the initials!