[SEL] Reid question

George & Norma Armstrong gnarmstrong at netnitco.net
Sun Dec 12 08:28:17 PST 2004

Tom,
  While talking with one of the guys at Moraine State Park in PA. at the oil
well exhibit this summer he told me that hot tubes were stolen, because they
were silver,and used for making rings.  I really thought he was wrong and
meant they looked like silver and were in fact monel or stainless.  The
article in GEM was the second time I've seen silver mentioned as a hot tube
mat'l.  I still doubt it.    Geo.