[SEL] Is't true?

diesel at easynet.co.uk diesel at easynet.co.uk
Sun Dec 12 04:28:57 PST 2004

Quoting John Hammink <jg.hammink at quicknet.nl>:

> That's ones choice Rob, they are good looking handles and
> a for me exotic kind of wood.
> I'm working on different projects and all day bussy, but when
> at the keyboard there is a low traffic at the SEL and the subjects
> are not much of interest, even the charity auction is very low of
> interest with just a few items, nothing special or exciting.

Certainly has been a low response this year, we haven't got a lot of stuff that
would go on there at present, but I'll have another dig through the pile in the
workshop...

> When I see Harry's new board, there're 1015 registered members
> just in 6 weeks that it runs with lots of interesting subjects, photos
> images and the kind. You have seen it yourself isn't it?

Harry always had a large number of people, John, a lot of whom don't use the SEL
list for one reason or another. The pictures facility is useful, and a plus
point for those wanting or needing to show an object of an engine to others for
comments etc. We have that as well, we just use our sites on Oldengine.org.

> That's why I asked, "Is the SEL almost dead" and the meaning
> of  "almost" is in this case your own reading.

It's just the time of year, things will pick up again, promise!

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: diesel at easynet.co.uk