[SEL] Is't true?

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Sat Dec 11 20:33:24 PST 2004

> Is't true that the SEL is almost dead?

Ahdunno John, it's a complex question.

Been working on any engines?  I didn't work on engines today, but in the
afternoon I needed a break from the chores so I whipped up some toys that are
used when working on engines.  On topic, right?

You see, I don't like the big, fat store-bought file handles.  They don't allow
me to hold the file where I have the most control, so I prefer something smaller
diameter and cylindrical.  I've also decided that handle-less files are a bit
dangerous.

Another reason for the exercise is that I really like using tools that were
fabricated, whether they're of my own creation or someone else's.

This whole exercise is pretty mundane, but might be of  any interest because a
few months ago someone was asking about bottlebrush trees.  The handles I made
are from the bottlebrush tree in our backyard.
http://temp.rustyiron.com/bottlebrush-file-handles.jpg

Rob Skinner
La Habra, California
mailto:rskinner at rustyiron.com