[SEL] Info on Communications

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Fri Dec 10 18:35:30 PST 2004

Steve,

    There still appears to be some loopholes.  Not the section that I
cut and pasted from the info you provided:

"Additionally, telemarketing use of automated calling systems to a wireless phone number is prohibited by law, and will still be illegal even if a consumer chooses to have their wireless number in the 411 service."

Note the keywords "automated calling systems".  I haven't read the FCC language but if it reads like this (and I'll bet this came verbatim from their regulations) and its a "live person dialing" and not an automated system, it may be permitted.  I don't' want any air time minutes I could use making a deal on some old iron being taken up by someone wanting to sell me insurance.  I wouldn't mind my cell number being published.  But, I want to make sure its someone I need to talk to on the other end of the line.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY