[SEL] OT, e-bay sales

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Thu Dec 9 19:14:29 PST 2004

I think this is fair content for the list, with members all over the world
we do swap things around once in a while.

My answer is short, maybe others know more:  www.usps.gov.  The form you
fill out at the post office is pretty simple.  When I sell on eBay I have a
policy of charging the usps cost + $10.

I've made maybe a dozen overseas shipments, little hassle and all worked out
fine.

I tried to go through UPS since they pick up right at my business.  I got
discouraged with the required paperwork.  And when I compared rates on their
website against USPS they were more expensive.

Contrasting experiences would be most welcome.  And I've not a clue what to
do if we're talking something heavy.  My biggest package was probably 20
pounds.

B²
Bill Brueck (brick)
Chatfield, Minnesota USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.