[SEL] clogged pipe help OT

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Wed Dec 1 10:59:04 PST 2004

Hi Joe, I do know that Ethyl alcohol is supposed to be drinkable

>& Methyl or methanol is supposed to F**ck you up in style. 8^)
>Dave Croft
>Warrington
>England
>http://community.webshots.com/user/crftdv

Yup, methanol will lead to permanent impaired vision in roughly 1/5 of
those that survive. Not very good odds. 1 carbon chain

Ethanol is our fermented drink of choice. 2 carbon chains

Interestingly as you keep going up the carbon chain the odd carbon
chains are poisonous and the evens safe.
Propanol (isopropyl) is 3 carbons long and is not something you want to
drink.
Goodness chemistry was a LONG time ago!
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC