[SEL] Lake Portland

Bill Herreid billalan at busynet.net
Tue Aug 31 19:49:06 PDT 2004

I have to say for this being my first visit to Portland, it won't be my
last if I have anything to say about it.  I had a great time meeting all
of the list members and seeing the overwhelming number of engines and
vendors (never did make it through all of them, but did find the parts I
knew I needed).  Even without the rain it would have been a memorable
experience, but with the addition of the rain, I am sure never to forget
it.

While I am not a person who posts regularly, I do follow the list
closely, and have even learned a thing or two from it, and contribute
when I can.  I am fairly new to the hobby, and only have one flywheel
engine of my own, a 1929 Economy XK, on which the piston still does not
move.  But I have been helping my dad with his engines for a couple of
years, and going to some local shows to learn more about the engines.
In fact, this weekend we will be taking a trip to the Rock River show in
Edgerton.

Looking forward to next year at Lake Portland (hopefully the tides will
be down).

 From the Cheddar Curtain - Bill Herreid