[SEL] Portland, The Olde Iron Road

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Mon Aug 30 15:47:33 PDT 2004

Hi Paul,

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Paul wrote:

> Main St is US 27 ... basically after the 22nd of August just follow the old
> iron on trailers, prolly can start doing that 50 miles out and they will get
> you there

Dave and I had an interesting experience LEAVING Portland on Sunday.  Just
after getting onto I-70 East, we were in stopped traffic.  And what an
interesting "engine show" it was.  Leading off was the Farmer family with
the big Fairbanks-Morse diesel, then their Reid, then my Bessemer and
Crossley, then Dave's 15 hp Famous.  Quite an Olde Iron Road on display.

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com