[SEL] OT - another question....

Aermoter at aol.com Aermoter at aol.com
Sat Aug 28 12:02:21 PDT 2004

Rupert, first, please don't take my first response to be mean, after I sent
it I found it to sound harsh.  Next, your not by chance thinking of a Gambrel
roof are you?  A hip roof has four sides, each side starting on the top of the
wall and meeting up in the exact center for a square building and then if the
building is longer, you will have a ridge that will form.  On the Gable end
roof you only have 2 sides and ridge that is as long as the building.  The
Gambrel roof will have only 2 sides but each side will have 2 different pitches,
the bottom pitch will be at least 12/12 or greater and the top pitch is usually
a 7/12 or less.  This type of roof will gain you the greatest space above the
wall height over the full building.

Tim Christoff
Basehor, Ks.
Aermoter at aol.com