[SEL] OT - another question....

Rupert Wenig rwenig at cable-lynx.net
Fri Aug 27 20:32:42 PDT 2004

Hello Bill,
	My $0.02 on the subject. I fell into the trap of building what I
thought I would need five years ago but it is suprising how fast
available space can fill up. I'm currently putting together a pole
building to use for storage to try to rectify my mistake. The original
size I was thinking of building was 20' x 30' large enough to get my
motor home out of the weather when I'm not using it and for some
storage. Thinking things over I realized I could fill the available
space in no time so I went as large as my budget would allow (24' x
40').

	So my suggestion is build your building as large as your budget and
available space will allow. Make the building large enough to give
Barbara some space inside so you can keep her happy too.
	A gable end style roof basically gives you only the main floor for
space. You can build in a second floor easily if you go to a hip roof
style rafter.
	What material to use depends on price, availability and how much
maintenance you want to do. I would suggest metal cladding as it is
relatively maintenance free. Wood has to be painted.

Rupert

--
yvt

Rupert Wenig