[SEL] Briggs valve spring tool

MaytagTwin at aol.com MaytagTwin at aol.com
Fri Aug 27 09:07:41 PDT 2004

Hi Bruce,
For putting the valves back in, first put on your eye protection, then, put a
valve spring in your bench vise with about a third exposed.  Compress it
gently but not quite all the way.  Use a nylon string to pass through the valve
spring, end to end, and tie it in the compressed mode.  Loosen the vise, turn
the valve spring half way and repeat.  At this point you have the valve spring
in the compressed mode, tied by string on each side.  Install, cut string, and
pull out the string with your needlenose pliers.

Regards,
Ron Carroll
Clearmont, MO
(Where we had RAIN last night.)