[SEL] Briggs Valves

Bob Jacobs Carrowor at comcast.net
Thu Aug 26 18:43:18 PDT 2004

Hi Joe,

Last time I needed a valve spring tool I went to auto-zone.  They have a
rental" policy.  You buy the tool but can return it for a full refund.

The other thing I've done is pack the cylinder with cotton or nylon rope,
this allowed the valve to be stopped without damage while still allowing me
to use a homemade fork tool to compress the spring with.  It's a little
clumsy but did the job.

Now if only I can figure out how to set this mag and the timing on my engine
I'd fell lots smarter.  LOL

Bob