[SEL] cell phone

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Mon Aug 23 07:28:17 PDT 2004

>>> have put them on notice that my contract will not
>> be renewed, though.<<
>
> Get real - you REALLY think they CARE?
> The big nationals don't give a rat's behind. Just like the big banks.

Yeah, I know that. I also remember how, when Jane and I went to the
store to see if we could add a couple of phones for the kids phones
onto our Verizon contract ( they said we couldn't and had to take out a
new one) I inquired about cancelling the one-phone contract I already
had and taking out a new one to cover three. They had changed our
one-year contract we thought we'd signed to a 2-year one. The guy said
he'd "try to work it out" with his "bosses in Florida." He was having a
great time on the phone with them, cutting up and laughing at us. A
real bastard. And of course, he'd "tried everything, but they just
couldn't help us." As for the notification, it's required. If you don't
give them a written notice of nonrenewal, I believe it's 90 days before
expiration, they'll automatically renew your contract. That's what had
happened to us before. So I'd've had to pay a whopping termination fee.
And the phone I've got broke a hinge and can't be repaired. They just
want to sell me a new one at full price. I don't care if the phone
service isn't as good, I don't want to deal with Verizon any more.
They're dishonest and evil.

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA