[SEL] Portland trip report outline

Curt Holland curt at imc-group.com
Thu Aug 19 09:31:46 PDT 2004

Guys and Gals,
11 year old Devin will be making his second trip to the Portland show
this year. Part of his penance for missing a week of school is he has to
write a trip report for his class. So I thought I would ask the group
what kind of questions/observations about Portland the young fellow
should be noting while there. A few come to mind....

How many engines are registered in the show grounds (he should ask the
registrars desk)?
How many t- t- tractors are on display?
How many oilfield engines are on display?
How many people are registered as displaying engines?
How many countries are represented?
How many US states are represented?

He should cover:
Where Portland is.
What Portland is.
How / why it started.
How the Portland community supports the show.
The local schools getting out of school to attend the show one afternoon.
His favorite part of the show.
How many people he knows at the show.

We are looking forward to your suggestions.
Thanks,
Curt, Missy, & Devin Holland
Gastonia, NC