[SEL] Anyone into old lawn mowers?

ELIDAS at aol.com ELIDAS at aol.com
Mon Aug 9 20:07:22 PDT 2004

  This mower is going to be a little rich for me. This IS a significant
mower. At first glance it looks like a Coldwell "L". It is not. This mower was made
by F&J before ( and possibly during) the time Coldwell was  making the "L".
Coldwell did use the basic power unit from 23-28. The actual mower is
different.  I have only seen two other mowers like this while I have seen around twenty
of the Coldwell units.  I have heard it said that Coldwell started making
their own engines in response to F&J making this mower. Even though F&J had been
making it since at least 1917. Coldwell used Fuller engines on several
models. If you have a Fuller "N" with a cog on both sides it may have come off a
Coldwell. The loss of Coldwell's business during this period could not have
helped.
 Mike Semanoff
 Waterbury,Ct