[SEL] OT Storms last night

Steve Barr stevebarr at ameritech.net
Wed Aug 4 09:39:29 PDT 2004

A nice bow echo line of storms rolled thru last night.  There was a lot of
lightning and one bolt struck a tree in my neighbor's yard (~10 from where
my dad has his '53 Super H parked)....  Blew the top of the tree out and
part of it made a direct hit on the Super H.  Looks like a bent steering
rod and throttle rod from a distance, but will have to wait until it is
safe to do the inspection.

As of this morning, the power to our neighbor's house is still on, but the
power line is under the branch and but we are not going near the tractor
until the power lines are taken care of.  Will know more later today
(hopefully) after the ComEd comes.

10 Pics at:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/storm2004/01.jpg
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/storm2004/02.jpg
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/storm2004/03.jpg
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/storm2004/04.jpg
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/storm2004/05.jpg
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/storm2004/06.jpg
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/storm2004/07.jpg
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/storm2004/08.jpg
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/storm2004/09.jpg
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/storm2004/10.jpg

Some are fuzzy as I was in a hurry this morning to get several shots and
off into rush hour traffic...

No engines were damaged as they are on the trailer and in the garage.

Steve