[SEL] Off Topic adoption

Aermoter at aol.com Aermoter at aol.com
Tue Aug 3 20:07:23 PDT 2004

I posted this to the old engine list but forgot to send it to the SEL.  So,
for those of you who already know, just delete.

Last year at Portland I had talked with many of you about my wife's and I's
adoption of 2 children from Russia.  Here is an update for you on the process.
We spent 12 days in Russia the last half of June with 6 of those days in
Vladivostok which happens to be 12,000 miles and 26 hours of flight time from
Kansas.  While in Vladivostok we spent those 6 days with 2 little boys, Yuriy 4
and Nikolia 5.  This past week we received a phone call telling us to be on a
plane for Russia on the 13th of Aug to pick them up and bring them home!!  We
will do the official adoption on Aug 17th in Vladivostok Court and then have
another adoption session at the Am Embassy in Moscow on the 23rd (my birthday is
the 22nd so this will make a nice present).  We are supposed to be back in the
States on the 28th so I guess Portland's out of the question this year but
what a wonderful reason to miss it.

Tim Christoff
Basehor, Ks.
Aermoter at aol.com