[SEL] OT - Quiet generator

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Mon Aug 2 13:31:04 PDT 2004

Onan makes the quietest ones on the market, but they are not the
cheapest. If your only using it for temp use once in a while you could
buy a cheaper one and route the exhaust through an auto muffler. I did
that with a Generac and it is real quiet now as long as I don't  aim the
exhaust toward a wall. Seems to be OK powering stuff around here. I also
have a large surplus unit that is quiet but not very portable.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY