[SEL] Nat Rally

Adam Cottrill adamcottrill at telstra.com
Sun Aug 1 05:36:05 PDT 2004

Hi Leroy,
         Mate thanks for your spirited response, I thought id break your email down to answer it easier I hope you dont mind.

how many of your top brass accept pay for their positions?

To my knowledge none, however I do believe costs associated with posting and copying are drawn from Assoc funds however there is no salary for the any of the positions. When communicating with over 7000 members Nationally I do think it is resonable to recoup some costs of printing dont you? and also see Patricks response

how many of them rally ever exhibit??

The previous president I know exhibited all the time and always attended our rally every year over the past 10 years which was a 15 hour drive across two states.The newly appointed president I havent meet yet so I honestly have no idea.

This press release, is it written by a lawyer, or who gets paid for the writing of it?

Is being writting by a local young female journalist for no charge in effort for her to gain some event experience she has become the markerting co-ordinator of the rally. The reason such a media release is being written is because the rally is National and in effort to get the CORRECT information to everybody the organisers felt this the way to go.

I should also add here the body is National the rally isnt acutally being run by the Assoc as such is its being hosted by a machinery club every two years it is up for offer to any club in the Assoc who would like to host it and that club sends in a nomination then a vote one from each club is done and the host club with the highest number of votes gets the rally.

I do join all the shows with which I exhibit, the cost runs me
around 5.00-10.00 dollars each, again this is all directly going to the
CLUB.... now if you tell me that my membership to your national is good
at each and every show you do then this will be a wash

The option is here to join as many clubs as you like however you only pay the insurance fee ($12) once per year at a club you may for a lack of a better term call your home club the remainder of those membership fees Id assume would be spent by each club you might like to join as they seen fit.

Oh I also think that each club should have the chance to have a member on the national
staff too?

Each club has in effect one vote and it is at the clubs discression should they wish to vote or not should an occasion rise to do so.

And as far a camping I pay for this privilege also. again
5.00- 15-00 per event.

If I can hand ball this one over to the soon to be out press release this will be addressed.

after all in today's world even the most out dated events have semis with showers in them for a small fee.. And the cost of electric is near nothing once it is installed.....  Andfood!!!!!!!!!!!

Since the event is not held at the same place every time, resources to cater for an event of this size need to be bought in and unfortunately it costs. Remembering this is not a Portland in regards to being held the same place each year things like perminant facilities arent realistic to build. again see the forth comming press release.

Adam, one last question, do you, personal or your national, have
signs for your engins that say "PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH" ?  ohhh I almost
forgot about the fencey thing!

As sarcastic as you may have been sadly it is true the insurance company requires signs to be placed on fences "no public admittance" And in a case recently when a child got knocked down by a tractor when she and her brother climbed over the fence and started playing on the tractor which rolled back on her this was the one thing that saved the club whos name will not be mentioned for being successfully sued for negligence. If the fence and insurance thing is right or wrong, Not American or what ever you wish to call it, there is no choice to rally organisers to have fences and signs etc. Id rather not bring up the fence thing again but its the reality we face here in Australia

I hope this answers your questions Leroy let me know if ive missed anything.

Cheers,
        Adam