[SEL] LED shop lighting

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Wed Jan 18 07:29:12 PST 2017

	From: "Frank DeWitt"
To: "The SEL email discussion list"
Sent: 18-Jan-2017 04:13:43 +0000
Subject: Re: [SEL] LED shop lighting

	I converted all of the 4' in my office to LED, converting the 8' in
the shop as they fail. The office is brighter, instant on in all
weather, happy so far.

	J.B. Castagnos

 I retrofitted all the florescent light fixtures in my basement with
LED
 bypass bulbs. The bypass bulbs are cheaper but require removing the
 ballast and rewiring. Most of my fixtures are ones I pulled out of
the
 junk 20 to 40 years ago so rewiring was a good idea for me. I am glad
 did it.

 Frank

 On 1/17/2017 10:52 PM, Andy Glines wrote:
 > They make LED bulbs that fit in standard fluorescent light
fixtures.
https://greenlightdepot.com/collections/led-tube-lights/products/4ft-t8-led-tube-light
[1] It seems like a great idea. Does anyone have experience with
these?

https://greenlightdepot.com/collections/led-tube-lights/products/4ft-t8-led-tube-light>
 /> > greenlightdepot.com
 > Our T8 4 foot LED tubes is compatible with virtually every standard
ballast equipped fluorescent light fixture, making it the perfect
replacement for fluorescent lights.