[SEL] JD 1 1/2 E mag & timing issues update

Glenn Wilson wilson at stny.rr.com
Sun Aug 20 08:42:43 PDT 2017

Glenn Wilson
Endicott, NY
www.WilsonsWarbler.com

Begin forwarded message:

From: Glenn Wilson <wilson at stny.rr.com>
Date: August 20, 2017 at 9:15:28 AM EDT
To: The SEL email discussion list <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Cc: Old eng list <stationary-engine at oldengine.org>
Subject: Re: [SEL] JD 1 1/2 E mag & timing issues udate

You now have me worried. My father gave me a 1 1/2 HP John Deere when I was in about 10th grade - about 1974. Let's see, 43 years ago!

The igniter was missing and the mag was a disaster. I took the engine all apart and started painting it. Between then and now, the pieces have been moved all over. Fortunately I still live in the same house with the same garage and same two barns.

During these years I did have a great mag guy redo the mag. I've forgot his name. He was on the SEL and used to go to Portland. I also think I somehow obtained a good igniter.

At 59.5 years of age, I am changing from a hoarder into a more reasonable human.

I spent two months this summer and fixed up my now-deceased father's 1966 Monarch 10ee lathe. I plan to put the John Deere together soon - maybe next summer.

Glenn Wilson
Endicott, NY
www.WilsonsWarbler.com