[SEL] 3 HP IH M Ignitor pushrod spring - Re: John Deere 1 1/2hp E ignitor

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Fri Aug 11 06:51:59 PDT 2017

Our IH 3 HP M came home without the long spring that holds down the
ignitor pushrod.  Apparently got knocked off during loading. This spring
runs from the middle of the pushrod, down to a tab at the bottom of the
ignitor bracket. Not having it causes the pawl to lift off the ignitor
lever early, and the engine kicks back.

Is there a source for the correct spring, as opposed to using a generic
spring?

Thanks,
Dave Merchant
YT: Steamcrane