[SEL] Advice From A Good Friend (OT?)

Dave rotigel at me.com
Wed Aug 9 11:16:31 PDT 2017

"Most folks haven't thought about such topics since the peak of saber-rattling during the
Cold War with the USSR.  But with the wack-job in North Korea getting more and more
unhinged, it might be worth a quick review of some good, basic advice for improving
survival

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/09/five-steps-to-take-if-nuclear-war-breaks-out-in-fire-and-fury-6839736/ <http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/09/five-steps-to-take-if-nuclear-war-breaks-out-in-fire-and-fury-6839736/>

https://www.ready.gov/nuclear-blast <https://www.ready.gov/nuclear-blast>

A couple of items not mentioned in the advice are having a working Geiger counter (used to
check food and water for radioactive contamination and for avoiding areas with high radiation
levels) and, of course, one’s choice of SHTF firearms and ammunition.”

I really do not want this to be totally OT, so I would add that all old iron should be washed off before using!
	Dave