[SEL] Postage Rates eBay

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Wed Jan 6 21:49:42 PST 2016

Hi Mark
I communicate with all my sellers firstly through eBay, I have also created
a picture of my email address which I send them. I then ask them to contact
me privately via that image address being careful how I say it. Never been
pinged in over 10 years of doing it that way.
Previously I have had a couple of 24 hour suspensions ;-) for not playing
the game, must be the rebel in me.
If the seller is using Pitney Bowes, that is where the trouble starts, some
times they re-box and their international insurance is not worth the paper
it is written on.
I think for you guys in the USA, when you formulate your advert or forces
you to Priority International, but if you look carefully you DO NOT have to
take that option, you can select First Class. The only draw back it that
there is a weight limit of around 3lb ??
If an item is dearer here than the USA, the Oz seller has already added on
the crazy postage price.
You have to communicate with your sellers and explain the reasons why you
want First Class, some say get stuffed others will work with you.
I ask them to waive tracking and insurance, never lost an item yet.
Have fun everyone, it is no longer anywhere near a level playing field.
Peter

Another thing people have to know and understand is that if you ask a
seller a question through the Ebay communication system it is not a
secure email. You know what a I mean the Ask a Seller a Question
thing? Ebay can read those. They are allowed to read them especially
if they suspect a deal is being managed outside of the ebay purchase
system that does not allow them to collect a commission, Fee
Avoidance. So If you want to get the best price on the part and
shipping you have to get the question and answer outside of the Ebay
system. I will reply to requests with a simple reply like    frappi
AT wcoil DOT com   and hope that the receiver understands and
reformats it to the proper frappi at wcoil.com  then email's me directly
so that we can be secure in out communications. If you initiating the
email would do the same with your email it can speed things up.  If
ebay catches you trying to deal outside of the sales system they will
suspend you and some times close your account.  Phone numbers can
also be sent using the format of   4one9-3 five 8  5 two 0
six   Otherwise they will filter out the email address and phone numbers.
  Also if you buy or sell on ebay when you do this you can get your
trading partners email out of the deal information and contact them
directly for further dealing.

At 02:47 AM 1/5/2016, you wrote:
>Hello, Question for you all, I've only just noticed the eBay postage rate
>on
>some items,
>
>Are out of this world. This is from the USA and England.
>
>I've been looking for a Rota Button for a SR2 magneto, I found one but they
>wanted $40 AUD for postage.
>
>I asked them if this was correct, and got told " take it or leave it" it's
>up to you?
>
>It's the same with the USA asked again about the postage quoted on a
>Magneto
>cover for a SR2.
>
>Got told they'd do a deal, but then saw the price on the cover jump about
>$20 USD.
>
>Some funny people out there.
>
>Is this eBay's doing or just the sellers?
>
>So if you can keep an eye on SR2 parts for me I'd appreciate it.
>
>Andy
>
>Queensland
>
>Australia.

Mark Shulaw
454 County Road 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817
USA
<http://pixels.spark.net/c.html?id=85&uid=dbvDV2ht1DV&url=http://www.dailybibleverse.com/search_bible_verses/chapter/%3Feid%3Demail-dbvDV2ht1DV%26book_id%3D62%26chapter%3D2>1
John 2:23

Frappi at wcoil.com / 419.358.5206  Home
Hobby Collector and Dealer in John Deere
and Hercules Engines.
Maytag Multi-Motor Engine parts.
VISIT the Maytag Collectors Club at  www.Maytagclub.com
Where Is John Galt