[SEL] Stover CT2 Timing

sutter sutter6 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Dec 12 01:09:17 PST 2016

Hello SEL

I have a Cooper CT2 engine which is an Australian version of a Stover CT2
(has solid flywheels) - I have restored this engine and it is running quite
well. The owners manual that I have refers to setting the ignition timing
using marks on the flywheel lined up with the pushrod. My engine has NO
marks at all - I also have a second CT2 engine which also has NO marks - I
am assuming that they were probably painted on?

I have set the timing to trip the Wiko at TDC on retard and it runs pretty
well although it does jump when it fires.

I was going to ask the members if your American CT2 engines have stamped
timing marks and if so what is the distance between TDC and the spark mark
on the flywheel (measured on the rim)?

Thanks for any info.

Rod Sutter

sutter6 at bigpond.net.au